Guidelines for Abstract Submission
- To encourage broad participation, each person is allowed to submit only one abstract. They will be enlisted as presenting author.Oral and poster presentations are included in this rule.
- A person may serve as a non-presenting coauthor on several abstracts.
Guidelines Poster Presentations
- Posters are encouraged as they allow extended informal discussions and active participation by authors and coauthors. Posters are displayed during all the congress, and interested persons can view the poster even when the author is not in attendance.
- Late afternoon poster sessions every day will provide an opportunity for discussion in a relaxed setting after completion of oral sessions.
- Pushpins will be supplied and are the only method for attaching the poster to the board.
- Poster format requested: Width 85 cm / Height 120cm
Guidelines for Oral Presentations
- Speakers for contributed oral presentations are allowed 10 minutes for presentations.
- A 5 minute period between talks allows for questions, discussion, and introduction of the next speaker.
- Contributed oral papers may be placed in Organized Oral Sessions by the Program Chair if they support the theme of that session. Submitters of contributed papers may indicate a preference for a particular session by checking the corresponding theme. If a theme is selected by many people, we will propose a re-assignment to other sessions focused on related themes.
- Due to the limited amount of time and space available for oral sessions, you may be asked to give a poster presentation instead of an oral presentation.
- Information about acceptable portable media formats will be further submitted to the authors.
- The maximum length of the abstract is 250 words.
Evaluation and Acceptance of Abstracts
- Accuracy of the abstract is the responsibility of the author(s). Please note that subsequent corrections will not be permitted.
- Abstracts must be based primarily on unpublished material.
- Abstracts should be informative and results of the study, even if preliminary, included.
- Abstracts must use only standard English.
- Attendees will be able to search the full text of your abstract in the program.
- Subsequent corrections will not be permitted.
Authors should submit their abstrac on line. Please follow the hyperlink:
Enter your Abstract here
- Your application will be assigned an Abstract ID Number. Please do not delete the email containing this ID number as it will be required for future communications.
- Notification of receipt: You will be automatically notified when your abstract has been submitted using the e-mail address entered on the submission form.
- Notification of Acceptance: You will be notified of acceptance or rejection of your abstract via e-mail by mid June, 2011.
- Notification of Scheduling will be available by end of July.
If you encounter problems during abstract submission, contact [email protected]
- Before submitting an abstract, authors should be confident that they will attend the meeting and make the presentation.
- If circumstances prevent attendance for a scheduled presentation, the presenting author should attempt to find another person to make the presentation on their behalf. A coauthor is ideal, but the substitute speaker does not necessarily need to be a coauthor. Please notify session organizers if applicable.